A Pronoun is a word that is used in place of a noun. The meaning of Pronoun is “for a noun” which implies that a pronoun can be used instead of a noun. In normal practice, pronouns are used in sentences to avoid repetition of the same noun again and again. For example, Aharsi did not take part in the event because Aharsi can not run fast. Here the 2nd Aharsi can be easily replaced by the pronoun “he”.
I, we, he, she, me, it, you, they, mine, us, my, yours, his, him, her, them, their, theirs, myself, himself, ourselves, themselves, this, that, these, those, somebody, nobody, few, some, each, either, neither, who, which, whose, what, etc. are a few pronoun examples in the English Language.
Types of Pronouns
Various types of pronouns are used in English language as mentioned below:
- Personal Pronouns
- Possessive Pronouns
- Indefinite Pronouns
- Relative Pronouns
- Intensive Pronouns
- Demonstrative Pronouns
- Interrogative Pronouns
- Distributive Pronouns
- Reflexive and Emphatic Pronouns
Let’s learn more about pronoun examples from the pronoun worksheets given below:
Pronoun Examples in Worksheets
Q1) Choose the correct pronoun examples to complete the pronoun worksheets.
- Partha is heavier than (me /I).
- Aharsi and (I/me) were present there.
- It must be (her / she).
- We are not as good as (them/they)
- Is it true that (he/him) was absent?
- Allow (he/him) to speak first.
- There is a huge difference between you and (he/him)
- Deep and (I/me) was playing in the hall.
- She hurt (himself/herself).
- Let (she/her) answer the question.
- Who is standing there? —It is (I/me).
Q2) Circle the pronoun examples in the below-mentioned sentences to solve the pronoun worksheet.
- Advik don’t go there; you may hurt yourself.
- Uttam understands her better than him.
- Can you do it yourself now?
- She isn’t so fast as him.
- Neither of the accusations is true.
- I met the girl who came to our society last month.
- The book that you referred me is a very good one.
- This is the girl whose story is published in the magazine.
- This project is the responsibility of Firan and me.
- Could you please explain this exercise to her?
- This is the magician whom we saw last night.
Q3) Fill in the blanks with correct pronoun examples and solve the pronoun worksheets.
- Listen to ________ I say.
- I know ___________you mean.
- The little boy hurt __________ when he fell from the stair.
- Ismat is as old as ___________.
- Whom can I trust, if not _________?
- I blamed _______ for not scoring good marks in the exam.
- He set ___________a tough target.
- The two men hate ________ other.
- From _____________ did you get that information?
- Either Ismat or Dharini left ________ books in the locker room.
- She made a delicious meal but ___________ didn’t enjoy.
Q4) Choose the pronoun examples from the given list and fill in the blanks to complete the pronoun worksheets.
- She loves ______ red pen very much.
- _____have several trees in our garden.
- Do you know ___________ who can solve it?
- Meet Mohor; _______ is well known in Muscat for her nursery.
- Who can introduce _______ to them?
- I have had ______ dinner.
- We are looking for this book; Who has kept ____ on the table?
- We bought a full tray of eggs online; _______ of the eggs were rotten.
- While selling milk villagers always mix ________ water with it.
- They started yesterday; don’t expect much from __________.
- Are __________ the same guy who was performing in the stage yesterday?
3 thoughts on “Pronoun Examples and Worksheets (PDF)”
Thank you so ma’am wonderful explanation done for primary level classes. If possible kindly send me if u have all other topics taught for primary classes.
Please share with me all these learning materials
Please share with me grade 3 learning materials esecially music modules if theres any